Founded in 1899 as a subscription library by the Tyler Federation Of Women’s Clubs and located above the old Tyler Electric Company offices on the north side of Tyler’s downtown courthouse square, the Tyler Public Library soon moved to the then City Hall and subsequently became a city department in 1903. The next year it moved nearby into its own building donated by Andrew Carnegie on College Avenue which was to be its home until 1980 when the present three-story building opened on College across Elm Street to the south... read more
Access Tyler's public data as well as financial and other records
Read about what's been going on in Tyler Public library
Go to Main News Page X
The Friends of the Tyler Public Library give assistance to and promote the Tyler Public Library's important roles in the community by providing the many "extras" that help to make a good library even better.
The Library appreciates your interest in volunteering. Please contact the City of Tyler's Volunteer Coordinator for more information. Details and an application are available at www.VolunteerTyler.com.
Email: email@example.com Library Hours